For a better viewing experience please check out our live documentation site at kops.sigs.k8s.io.
kOps - Kubernetes Operations ¶
The easiest way to get a production grade Kubernetes cluster up and running.
What is kOps? ¶
We like to think of it as
kubectl for clusters.
kops will not only help you create, destroy, upgrade and maintain production-grade, highly
available, Kubernetes cluster, but it will also provision the necessary cloud infrastructure.
AWS (Amazon Web Services) and GCE (Google Cloud Platform) are currently officially supported, with DigitalOcean, Hetzner and OpenStack in beta support, and Azure in alpha.
Can I see it in action? ¶
- Automates the provisioning of Highly Available Kubernetes clusters
- Built on a state-sync model for dry-runs and automatic idempotency
- Ability to generate Terraform
- Supports zero-config managed kubernetes add-ons
- Command line autocompletion
- YAML Manifest Based API Configuration
- Templating and dry-run modes for creating Manifests
- Choose from most popular CNI Networking providers out-of-the-box
- Multi-architecture ready with ARM64 support
- Capability to add containers, as hooks, and files to nodes via a cluster manifest